Life is what happens to you when you are busy making plans...that's why I don't plan...you ask me what are you going to do tomorrow...I will tell you I have n.O__i.D.e.A ;)

Tuesday 8 July 2014

Fútbol Fever

Football (or Soccer for those of you from USA) fever has taken over. This is week the semi-finals and finals of the FIFA World Cup 2014 will take place. The WC got me listening to artists like Shakira, Pitbull, and Enrique who have made appearances in international football tournaments.


This led me to the song 'La Tortura' by Shakira which I have heard before but yesterday I actually listened to the lyrics and used some help from translators to figure out the meaning of the song.

It is a good song and even though I never took learning Spanish quite seriously over the four years I spent learning it in my high school, it is a beautiful language. And just listening to it puts one in the fútbol spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment